Becoming a foster parent is a more than a big decision, it’s a commitment. HopeTree Foster Care is committed to protecting and nurturing each child we serve and views this commitment as a long-term relationship. We provide the best training and support possible to make each foster placement a positive experience for the child and the parent. We want to provide “forever families” for the children and youth we serve.
Here’s what you can expect once you decide to become a foster parent with HopeTree:
- Attend orientation. Visit our calendar page to see when the next orientation is scheduled to occur in your area.
- Attend pre-service training for foster parent certification.
- Complete the application packet and background check requirements. You may download a copy of the application by visiting our Resources page.
- Participate in and satisfy the requirements for the home study process, including reference checks and physical exams.
- Collaborate with the agency to decide which type of child you are most comfortable working with and what your strengths are.
If you’re ready to get started and become a foster parent, please contact HopeTree Foster Care.